Onsite SEO Using Google Search Console-Webmaster Tools
Get traffic to your website with low effort, high impact SEO you can do yourself using Webmaster Tools
In the past 12 months my websites have received over 25 million page views. In this course I explain the simple steps required to get started using Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools) to optimize your website for attracting traffic and advanced, on-site SEO strategies.
On-site SEO is the simplest, and highest impact activity you can do to attract traffic!
… and it is the one thing that is completely under your control:
- Get your website verified under Google Search Console
- Learn all the helpful information that Google collects about your website
- Use that information to optimize your titles, meta descriptions and internal links
- Monitor the changes in the ranking of your pages and keywords
- Speed up your website to increase its user friendliness and Google rankings
- And much more
That’s the great news.
How Are We Going To Do This?
We will understand what SEO is, how ranking works and march through the extensive Google Search Console menu to get an idea of all the goodies available to the webmaster inside.
You will learn why titles make such a huge difference in Google ranking.
You’ll learn how to optimize your titles using information from Google itself combined with strategies to borrow from what your competitors are doing.
We will use a real, live website as a case study for optimization with Webmaster Tools.
As you apply the principles to your own website you will:
- Get your website verified under Google Webmaster Tools
- Learn the menu structure of the tool and the information it provides
- Analyze your existing keyword performance
- Look at your ranking and keyword performance vs your competitors
- Learn which pages and keywords to focus on first
- Install the plugins you need for SEO on your site
- Optimize the titles of your most important pages
- Improve the “clickability” of the meta descriptions on your pages
- Measure and quantify your page speed load time
- Improve your page speed load time using Wordpress plugins
- Track and tweak the ranking of keyword phrases
- Establish a process for monitoring and improving your website ranking
Is This For You?
That depends. This is for beginners (even though experienced entrepreneurs will benefit from the tips and advice).
It is for two categories of people:
1) Those who have a website and are ready to make SEO enhancements to improve traffic
2) Those who don’t have a website but want to understand on-site SEO and maximizing the use of Webmaster Tools
If that’s not you, check out my other courses!
If it is you, I’ll see you in Module 1.
Jeff Hunt invests in and operates online businesses. He is the author of "The Website Investor: The Guide To Buying An Online Website Business For Passive Income". He is also the author of the beginner guides for Buying and Selling Web Businesses published on Flippa, the world's biggest marketplace for websites.
Jeff has owned more than 300 income producing websites and earns his living from his online portfolio. His websites receive more than 3 million pageviews per month.
Jeff is an expert at advertising monetization, having earned hundreds of thousands of dollars from Google Adsense alone.
Before becoming a Shark in the online business market, Jeff was a Project Executive at IBM where he managed 8 and 9 figure outsourcing services deals.
Today Jeff enjoys capitalizing on internet opportunities and helping others to do the same.
Established internet income sources provide the time flexibility for Jeff to teach and coach his colleagues, as well as to invest time in ministry and family.
StartLearn How Google Ranks Your Pages on Search Pages (5:50)
StartHow To Optimize Your Page Titles Using Webmaster Tools Search Analytics (7:13)
StartHow to Optimize Article Titles Using Keyword Ranking Information (11:41)
StartAdvanced Techniques For Optimizing Titles For Improved Click Through (9:37)
StartOptimizing Meta Descriptions For More Clicks on Your Links (6:25)
StartSpeed Up Your Pages Using Page Speed Insights and GTMetrix (5:25)
StartTake Advantage of Link Juice By Optimizing Inner Page Links (5:29)
StartArticle Dates – A Trick For Higher Click-Through Rates (CTR) (3:28)